Dream, 108" x 48", (acrylic on canvas).
Private collection, Staten Island, NY.
All rights reserved.
New York, NY, 2015.
- No print or poster can rival the power of an original painting, chosen by you, for where you live.
- Buying a painting supports the artist directly. Painters pour their hearts into their work, and it can be difficult to make ends meet in such a labor-intensive and competitive field. Enrich your home and feel good knowing your purchase is helping to support a local artist by shopping at local galleries.
- Paintings are tactile. A print’s surface can never match the luscious textural variations of a painting. Whether done on canvas, wood or mottled watercolor paper, original paintings have a touchable quality that sets them apart.
- Paintings are one of a kind. There’s something satisfying about having a piece of unique artwork in your home.
- Paintings are handmade. Like handmade knits, hand-thrown pottery and handcrafted furniture, paintings show the hand of their maker. This quality brings richness and personality to the home — factory-made furniture and slickly printed posters simply cannot compete.
- A painting can make the room. A painting begs to be the focal point of a room. Whether your artistic taste runs to the bold and graphic or to vintage landscapes, the painting you choose is bound to have a big impact on your space — I can’t think of another thing that has such an ability to bring that wow factor to a room.
- Paintings make a house feel like home. Paintings you’ve owned for a while become like old friends. Simply pulling out your paintings and putting them up can make any space, no matter where you are, feel like home — even more so if you happen to have paintings handed down to you from your parents or grandparents.
- Paintings inspire. Looking at a painting you love refreshes your spirit. Why not give yourself the gift of daily inspiration by saving up for a small painting you adore?
(Refer to Laura Gaskill, http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/33778848/list/9-reasons-to-buy-a-painting)